Wednesday, February 13, 2013

harder than it looks

Even though the month of February is the shortest month, if you are not doing something which you are in the habit of doing, then it will be the longest month in your entire life.

Some observations from my fast from takeout and dine-in:
  • Coffee in a paper cup from the deli looks like it tastes better than free top-brand coffee from your employer's hot beverage machine
  • Chinese takeout sounds like the healthiest thing in the world at 6:02 PM
  • Old habits don't die. . . they weaken and crawl under a rock to rest up so they can attack you when you are defenseless
  • Only the deli man really knows how to toast a bagel (even though he has always gotten your order wrong!)
We did go out to eat last night, for my husband's birthday. It only happens once a year. We ate modestly and still spent $42. That is slightly over half what we have spent on groceries for the month thus far. It really doesn't pay to pay someone else to cook my flippin food. They did a good job with the burger but I could have done it just as well. Luckily my birthday won't roll around for eight more months.

Now for the extra 1K, I did sign up to work for the upcoming holiday. I won't make anything near 1K. Ha! But, it's a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment