Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome

Hello and welcome to my new blog. Thanks for stopping by. I decided to start something new in a new year. And what better thing to start than to start writing about something I find fascinating.

The address of this blog comes from a Jamaican Proverb I heard growing up: one one coco full basket. Imagine a woman getting ready to sell produce at a market and being discouraged at what she is able to reap from her farm. But as she digs up what she has planted, one by one, the basket is being filled and soon enough there's enough to make the journey worthwhile. 

My understanding of this saying is that no matter how small each contribution is, you will eventually reach your goal. I think this is especially apt in regard to saving, personal finance, and home economics. it's something I'd like to keep in mind.

That being said, I'll be making an effort to blog regularly, share ideas, and review materials that I find interesting.

All the best for the New Year!
~Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment